Jeder of you knows it, and nobody likes it – encrustation in the oven. There are pizza leftovers, cake and breadcrumbs, fat and other remnants from the past days or maybe weeks. Honestly, it’s not a nice job either and that it’s still inside your oven is not a testament to laziness or lack of cleanliness! It is quite simply that these stubborn encrusting refuse to disappear in the traditional way. So they have to be put on the hook by other means! But how is this supposed to work if oven cleaner and co? Have they already failed? Here are a few tricks and tips to help you solve this problem without much effort. Try it.
Tips for cleaning a heavily soiled oven properly?
There are many methods to rid the oven of fats and encrusted food residues. Grandmother’s tip is home remedies, and the industry swears by their products. But what is actually effective? Finding out is the task of everyone because trying it out is everything.
Cleaning ovens – different methods and tips
With oven spray:
- Persistent encrustation will be resolved if you follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Can be applied in the baking room, on the gratings and on baking sheets.
- Always keep a spray distance of max—30 cm.
- Spray all parts.
- Always adhere to the specified time of unravelling.
- After the application period has elapsed, wipe or rinse the foam – you can also find the instructions for this on the bottle or spray can.
The Spray can be more efficient if you cover the surfaces after spraying with aluminium or fresh-holding film. Thus, the active ingredients cannot escape prematurely due to evaporation. Still, beware! Oven spray is industrially manufactured and full of chemicals! The inhalation of the vapours should, therefore, be avoided! Even if the spray is effective and goes to the collar for the encrustation, it is expensive (compared to home remedies) and also comes at the expense of our environment!
Cleaning the frying tube with household products
With baking powder or soda:
Baking powder or soda has everyone in the house, and even if it needs to be bought, just for this purpose, it is much cheaper than oven spray.
- Lay down a few bags of baking powder/soda, kitchen roll and maybe a spray bottle for plants – and warm water.
- The oven should now be heated to 50°C.
- Moisten a few kitchen towels with lukewarm water.
- These should now be thickly sprinkled with baking powder or soda and placed in the baking tube.
- Since damp kitchen paper sticks, you can also stick it to the walls of the oven.
- The encrusted dirt is softened and can then be wiped out with kitchen paper, a sponge or a soft cloth.
- If the kitchen paper soaked with the baking powder is too dry before the encrustation is released and the cloths threaten to fall off the walls, then you can moisten it again with the spray bottle and warm water.
- If you remove a corner of the kitchen towels from time to time during the process, you can control the progress of the process and the result.
Lemon is a natural remedy with which you can clean a lot. The advantage of this is that you know exactly what it contains, namely: pure nature! If you don’t have fresh lemons in the house, you can also use the concentrated juice from the plastic bottle.
- For fresh lemons, squeeze out the juice one fruit and catch it.
- Pour the squeezed juice into a glass (0.2 l) and top up with cold water. For concentrate, take about the same amount.
- By stirring well, you can mix the two substances.
- All the liquid should now be poured onto a baking tray.
- Now set the oven to about 100°C. (do not heat above 180°C at any time)
- Wait until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Now you can easily wipe the dissolved grease residues out and away with a soft and absorbent cloth (possibly slightly moistened) or a paper towel from the interior and the door.
- If your baking trays are clean, then you can also put the lemon/water mixture in a refractory bowl and place it on the grate.
With dishwashing tray in powder form:
Very heavily encrusted ovens can be cleaned with a simple trick. The powder of dishwashing detergents contain strong fat dissolvers and are therefore ideal for this.
Tip: Tabs can be crumbled and find the same application!
- Sprinkle a thin layer of powder on the bottom of the baking tube.
- Pour lukewarm water into a bowl.
- Moisten kitchen towels in the water, in the amount that you can cover the floor in the baking room on two-layer.
- Open the door and act overnight.
- The next day the clothes are removed again, and the interior is easily wiped out with a damp cloth or sponge.
- If you still see any leftovers after the first time, just repeat.
Wif this takes you too long, you can also heat the oven to a maximum of 50°C. However, you should then stay nearby. With salt
Salt is a true miracle cure. With it, you can remove red wine stains, use it as a scrubbing powder and also when brushing your teeth it has a brightening effect. With salt, you can also remove grease stains in your oven.
- Moisten the bottom of the baking tube.
- Sprinkle all stains with plenty of salt.
- Heat the oven to a maximum of 50°C.
- If the salt is brownish, it is ready to remove.
- Allow cooling the oven.
- Now sweep or suck the dry leftovers from the interior.
Why is it important to clean my oven?
Imagine that everything you’ve ever cooked in your oven sticks to the interior as a encrust. Every time you add a new dish, the heat releases the old flavours and fly straight-tracks on your dish, which is to be baked. Bacteria and other harmful microorganisms can also form.
The aroma of a dish can only develop properly in a clean oven. In addition, your baking tube will be hygienically clean again with just a few simple steps and ready for the next baking process. You will not only taste it but also see it when everything flashes.